[Extra] One Day at the Share House (Rose and the Board Game)

A residential area in Tokyo. A rental house located in the middle of the area. The living room and dining room were about 10 square meters in size. After finishing dinner and taking a bath, the residents were sitting on the living room sofa playing a board game. 

"I shall take the position there. That doubles my stake in three turns."

"Wait a minute, aren't you going after me too much? "

"Sister's position is the best target."

"Damn......."

"I'm sorry, but I'll take this spot myself."

"Oh, I've been aiming there all along!"

It was a game based on the so-called battle of the camps, which is used in many board games. Each position was endowed with various resources, which players used to maximize their own territory in the game.

And the game was dominated by Gabriella.

Nishino is chasing the runner-up, and Rose is somewhat far behind.

"There is almost nothing I can do now!"

"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is the truth of the world."

"When you say such proverbs, I find them quite convincing."

"Nishino, don't be so concerned about it, let's do something about this girl together."

"However, I think that even if I help you, there is a limit to how much I can do."

"Excellent. Let's deal with her together, shall we?"

As they did so, the presence of the front door opening and closing downstairs carried into the living room where they were. Immediately afterward, the sound of footsteps climbing the stairs echoed. The residents knew who their guests were when they entered the house without ringing the doorbell.

"Hi, Rose. Your guardian has come to play with you."

"Francisca, why don't you at least ring the doorbell? "

"Oh, you're playing that old game again."

The visitor to the share house was exactly who Nishino and the others thought it was.

Francisca spotted a board game that was on the table and walked right up to it. In her hand she was carrying a plastic bag with the logo of a convenience store on it. Inside were cans of beer and some kind of snacks.

She walked over to Rose's side and checked her hand along with the board.

"Rose, you're the only one who is so outnumbered."

"I understand that without being told every single time. I think I'll give up this game."

"But it's not a bad position to be in, is it? "

"Are you blind? Where do you see the potential in this?"

"May I borrow this for a moment? "

"...... Sure."

Rose nodded honestly and changed where she and Francisca were sitting.

From then on, the game took a turn. Gabriela's position, which had seemed overwhelming until then, was quickly whittled away. Nishino was no exception to this. Finally, the game ended with a winner taken by Francisca.

Gabriella was surprised at this and muttered to herself.

"I never thought that she would be able to recover from that situation."

"I remember playing this game several times with my friends when I was a student."

"It's easy to forget that when you were around our age, you were already enrolled in college."

Rose said, looking at Gabriella.

"Is that so?"

It was Francisca, who apparently had skipped a grade and earned a degree.

"Well, it's rare to get a compliment from Rose."

"I wish you could keep up your good work and be at least as good in the field as you are now."

"What? One weakness would make you more attractive as a person, wouldn't it?"

All the residents looked at Francisca with respect.

Feeling good about this, she opened a can of beer cheerfully.

Comments

Post a Comment