[Cram School III]

After finishing his English class, Nishino took a much-needed break. 

At the cram school where he will be enrolled, there is a break of about ten minutes between classes. Depending on the course chosen, the student will have several of these breaks here. The more subjects a student is studying, the more opportunities there are. 

Naturally, the Futsumen who had signed up for the full course were ready to take all the classes, even if today was just a trial lesson. And so it was that the first break of the day arrived. 

In the past, he has shown himself to be a fast learner at his part-time job.

When the lecturer left the room, Nishino immediately got up from his seat. 

This was all in order to approach the girl with the pigtails he had examined in class. 

The girl he was interested in was just starting to pack up her things and get out of her seat. Nishino's mission is to hold her down and invite her to join the conversation in the lobby. He takes the first step, thinking that his appeal in the previous lesson will not be ignored. 

This makes Rose, who is next to him, nervous. She knew from the way he looked at her that Nishino was interested in a particular student. She knew, correctly, that the plain pigtailed girl sitting diagonally in front of her was in trouble. 


306


She doesn't want to let him go, so she sets out to interfere with his love life. 

"Hey, Nishino-kun. Do you have a minute?" 

"What is it? I need to go to the toilet."

"Didn't you go to the toilet before class?"

"I can't help it......."

The Futsumen makes a lot of excuses. 

At this very moment, the girl with the pigtails is walking out of the classroom into the corridor. Her bags are packed in her hands and there is not even a pen left in her seat. Given the circumstances, it is likely that her last lesson for the day will be the one she has just taken. 

If he leave her here, how long will it be before we see her again? At worst, he might have to wait a week. This is the reason why he talks about going to the toilet so strongly. I have to talk to her, I have to talk to her at all costs. 

"In that case, I'll go with you." 

"........"

If he heads straight for the toilet, he won't get a chance to talk to the girl with the pigtails. 

Nishino hesitates over the next few words. 

As if to convince the tense Futsumen, Rose looked elsewhere for further help. Her attention was drawn to the Chairwoman, who was watching them from a distance. 


307


"Oh? Isn't that Shimizu in there?" 

Naturally, Nishino's awareness followed her attention. He also knew that the chairwoman went to this school. That's why she was afraid to leave the classroom and ignore her presence when she was mentioned in this way.

As a classmate who goes to the same school, it seems that even Nishino thought it was bad not talk to her. Even if he had to go to the toilet, he thought he should at least say a word or two to her. In this way, he lost the opportunity to chase the girl with pigtails. 

While his mind was on the chairwoman, the target was leaving the classroom. Watching his back from the corner of his eye, the virgin cries tears of regret. He was too cynical to tell her to leave him alone because he had found a girl he liked. 

"R, Rose-san..."

In the class, Rose was picked by the teacher to solve the problem, and Shimizu saw it clearly. It is rather strange not to notice it. 


308


In the meantime, Rose made eye contact with the Chairwoman. 

I want to keep Nishino-kun in the classroom. You have to help me. 

Eh, eh....... 

Come over here for a minute. 

............ 

The conversation between the two of them is at the point where it is already telepathic.

With a slight twitch of the chin, the Chairwoman went on her way towards to Nishino. 

"Shimizu, you went to this cram school too!" 

"... Yeah."

When Rose stared at her, the Chairwoman responded with a small nod. Nowadays the chairwoman is somewhat more defiant towards Rose. 

"Nishino, you said earlier about the toilet, is that okay ?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Actually, it's about to leak."

The Chairwoman immediately understood Rose's intentions and told her to make up for it. She makes it clear that she is not always willing to cooperate, and that she is not only used for convenience. 



309


However, it is a bit confusing for Shimizu to honestly take Nishino's side. 

"Oh, and the men's toilets are over there......"

The Futsumen took a step forward in pursuit of the girl in pigtails. 

In response, the Chairwoman points to the opposite side from which his prey fled. In fact, the nearest toilet is located in the opposite direction from where the target was walking. This was solid advice from someone who had been at the school for over a year. 

"....... Oh, well, thanks for the help."

Like Rose, it was the Chairwoman who had correctly understood Nishino's intentions. 

What kind of emotions do the guides to the toilet leaked to?

It is the location of the men's toilet that she herself had said.

"Shall we go quickly? I've been holding back too long, and I'm leaking."

".........."

This was followed by Rose, and Nishino gave up on his efforts at this break. 


◇ ◆ ◇

 

310


Having missed out on the girl with pigtails, the virgin approached several more girls. In between classes, he repeatedly left his seat to pick up his second and third choices, girls who were equally plain and pretty. 

However, Rose and the Chairwoman colluded in blocking all of these attempts. They tried to block him from leaving the classroom by telling him that they were thirsty and needed to get some air, but he didn't know that they were trying to block him. 

And so, today, Nishino ended his last class with no results. 

Although she claimed to be cooperating with him, she was also ready to interfere with him, and after all, she had stopped him. In the past, there have been a number of times when they have worked together. 

This is because they have fought together many times in the past. 

Then it was time to go home from cram school. 

As they walked down the corridor towards the main entrance, someone called out to them. 

"Oh, you there, can I have a word with you?"

A female teacher who was in charge of English in the first class.

She is gazing at the figure of the Futsumen, who is being followed by the Chairwoma, with Rose by her side. The Chairwoman is just walking behind them, but from the side he looks like a member of Nishino's harem, following Rose.


311


"...Me?" 

"Yes, I have something to talk to you." 

"I don't mind if you do. " 

"Really? Can you come with me for a while?" 

"Okay. "

An unexpected call from a teacher. 

Rose thinks about this. 

However, she doesn't think she'll get into any trouble with the student who called her. It is safe to assume that the instructor came to pay attention to the student's behavior in class. He is a man who has been talking a lot about her without her standing on the podium. 

In the first place, the person who approached him was an older woman, almost a year older than Nishino. She looks older than Francisca. She is the equivalent of an old man to a high school girl. 

Or, to put it another way, mother and son. Rose could not believe that he would be attracted to her. 

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to leave first." 

"I'll be waiting for you at the entrance."

With this in mind, the blonde Lolita decides to see him off. 

The Chairwoman looks like she wants to go home as soon as possible. 


312


After being seen off by the two, Nishino walks down the corridor at the invitation of the woman who teaches him. 

He heads for an empty classroom. He opens the sliding door and steps into the room. The place is quiet, as the students have already finished their classes for the day. In less than half an hour, the lights will be dimmed and the area will be quiet. 

The two of them sat side by side in a seat near the doorway.  

"I'm sorry I called out on your way home." 

"No, that's okay."

She spoke apologetically, bowing her head. 

In response, the collar of her shirt revealed a deep cleavage. To put it simply, she has a nice, firm body. It's the kind of physical beauty that high school boys who want to get laid can't resist. 

This is what Nishino sees. 

He tried to keep this out of his mind, and asked the virgin a question.

"So, what can I do for you?" 

"You've been writing in class like you're used to it, haven't you?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't think they teach writing in schools these days, but I wonder if that's not so surprising? I'd like to know a bit about that if you don't mind. According to the curriculum guidelines, you can either teach it or you can't."


313


"I see." 

"If there are a lot of schools that teach it, I think it should be used in these places. It's not a big school, but when it comes to writing, it doesn't take long to learn how to write, does it?"

Nishino understood why he had been invited to come there. 

At the same time, he realized that the woman in front of him was a lot more diligent than he had thought. The enthusiasm with which she went to the trouble of bowing down to her students to find out about the state of education these days was a high point for our fraternity. Not many people in the position of a hired teacher would care that much.

"If that's the case, then the suggestions you've just made are unfounded." 

"Is that so?" 

"We don't teach it in school. It's self-taught. "

"Well, then I guess you don't need to worry about it......."

The delicate distance between the tutor and the student mitigates against Nishino's bluntness. He is also a good-natured person. The teacher nodded her head in agreement without feeling any antipathy towards the words or actions of the Futsumen.

"I'm sorry too for answering questions that other students haven't learned." 

"Eh? Ah, yeah? You don't have to worry about that."


314


"But ..." 

"It's just a habit, you know. You're good at English, aren't you?" 

"... Well, I'm not bad at it." 

"My brother is good at English, too. When I was at school, I used to write in English, so I know what it's like. When he spoke to his family at home, he was just like you are now. That's why I feel so nostalgic when I listen to you."

"......." 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I said something strange to a student." 

"No, don't worry about it."

Apparently, the teacher's younger brother had a history of suffering from chuunibyou. That's probably why his sister showed signs of being used to handling Nishino. That seems to be a problem, but it never develops into an argument because Nishino doesn't care about it either.

"Do you have a brother?" 

"He's younger than me. He's still in high school." 

"It's a long way off again."

If it had been Takeuchi who had been approached, he would not have responded so frankly to the topic of the woman's age. In fact, it is not difficult to imagine that he would have praised his younger brother for his good looks, regardless of his age.


315


On the other hand, a frankly surprised Futsumen is a genuine virgin. 

This is how he steadily miss out on opportunities to impress the opposite sex. 

"When I was little, he used to hug me everywhere, but nowadays he doesn't give me much attention and I miss him. I think it would be nice if I could spoil him a bit more."

The teacher murmured with a vaguely dissatisfied expression on her face. The gesture shows the background of her love for her younger brother. In addition to the fact that she has a full body that men like, Nishino saw the person in front of her as a woman full of motherhood.

"It's probably not a very good for your brother to be spoiled in high school."

"Is that so?" 

"That's right." 

"...... Now that I look at it more slowly, it looks a bit like you."

Staring at Nishino's face, the lecturer muttered. 

As a virgin, this is a conversation Ihe have never had before. 

He hesitates, unsure of what to say. She, on the other hand, was unaware of what he was thinking and continued on with her conversation. 


316


"I remember that you complimented me on my teaching after you had solved the English translation problem in the classroom. Does that mean that you liked my lesson? What do you think? Do you think they will choose to take English lessons?"

"Yes, of course." 

"Really?" 

"Rather, I'm going to choose all the subjects."

"Oh, I see." 

"I'm looking to increase my university options."

"Do you have a specific universityin mind? 

"I don't have any specific names in mind." 

"It's quite amazing how that keeps you motivated. " 

"Is that so?" 

"As far as I know, most of the students want to go to a particular university and work hard. I know from my own experience that if you have a specific goal in mind, you'll be more motivated, right?"

"I see."

After the teacher's words, Nishino suddenly had an idea in his mind of the school to which the Chairwoman wanted to go. It was Tokyo University of Foreign Studies. It was he who overheard his classmate talking about it. And with the name of the school came the image of her hard work and dedication to his studies. 



317


In the past, he had many short-term goals in his work. But he couldn't remember any long-term goals that related to his future as far as he was concerned. So the words of the teacher were a breath of fresh air to him. 

"A specific goal?" 

"You don't have a single college or university that you're interested in? "

"I was hoping to get a job until recently." 

"Surely there are students like that." 

"I know what I'm aiming for from my school exam results. But I don't have any particular university I want to go to. On the contrary, I think that cram school is the best environment to find it, together with school." 

"Do you want to go to the same university as the girl you like?" 

"It is always good to have options in case of such a situation." 

"Huh? Your response is surprisingly weak." 

"I don't have a specific girl in mind."

He is an extremely lonely boy at school. He has given up trying to get a girlfriend on campus because of bullying problems, and he's thinking about going to a cram school to get some. The teacher's doesn't think that the boy in front of her, who is a bit strange in his behaviour, is that far gone. 


318


"By the way, is that all you have to say?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm sorry I stopped you so suddenly."

If he talked any longer he might get into trouble. So Nishino decided to leave the room. Then the teacher, looking flustered, bowed deeply to him.

"Actually, we got something out of it, too." 

"Really?" 

"Yes, we did." 

"I'm glad to hear it. Please, I look forward to working with you. " 

"I'd like to thank you too."

She stood up to send Nishino out of the classroom. At the same time, the door of the classroom was cracked open. 

"Oh, there it is! Sumika-chan!" 

"What? Why is Yuya here?"

A man in his early twenties emerged from the corridor. He was wearing an expensive suit and shiny leather shoes. His hair is wolf-haired with a soft perm, and he is a handsome man with a gentle face. 


319

 

As soon as the man sees the teacher in the classroom, he smiles and says 

"I'm sorry, but can you accompany me now? I'm late if I don't." 

"Wait a minute! This is my workplace ..." 

"I'll be out in a minute if you'll accompany me, okay? Please!" 

"I'm asking you! "

"I'm sorry to hear that......"

With his well-cut suit and the phrase accompanied by a host, Nishino decided that the man was a host. Yukio Yanagida, who had shared a house with him in the past, told him that some hosts ask their customers to accompany them in order to be excused for being late.

"Well, how did you get here?" 

"Well, as Sumika-chan's boyfriend, I was put through to the receptionist. I told her I had something urgent to do, and she let me through, saying that classes were already over. I think Sumika and I are a good match, don't you?"

" Hmm ... "

Hearing the man's words, the teacher's face turned bright red. 

Apparently, her name is Sumika. 

Perhaps feeling better about this, he continued to speak. 

"To be honest, I was also interested in Sumika's workplace. I've heard that she teaches at this school, and we've met in front of the building before, right? So I wanted to see Sumika as a teacher too."


320


"No, I don't want to hear that!" 

"Is this the kid from the cram school? Is Sumika's teacher in junior high school?"

The man said, looking at Nishino. He has a friendly smile on his face. It's obvious that he is trying to get the woman in front of him in a good mood.

From her appearance to her facial expression, to her words and actions, she is consistently well-prepared. 

The teacher, too, looks as if she is not disappointed. 

The atmosphere between the two of them was instantly sweet. 

There's one person who could ruin this head-on. 

 And then there's Nishino. 

"This is a private school. What's a host doing here?" 

"......"

The overwhelmingly superior look on the face of the man in the suit intensified. 

His smile froze. 

He didn't expect to be lambasted like this. 

A flustered Sumika-chan followed up the Futsumen's speech with a loud voice. 

"Yes, I know! But he's a high school student. ......!" 

"Oh, really? I'm sorry for calling you a junior high school student."


321


Thinking that his current snide remark was probably due to the way he was treated by the junior high school students, the host made an honest attempt to apologize. It is a familiar feeling for a boy of his age that he is not comfortable with being seen as being younger than his age. 

But even so, the Futsumen's attitude was consistent. 

"That's fine. But I don't like the idea of outsiders coming in. " 

"Wha.."

In front of the host man, Nishino thinks. If the girls of her generation, who are all very impressionable, see a man like him in the school, it will make it harder for them to appreciate boys like him, who are inferior in appearance. 

It was a personal ego trip, he continued. 

For the other side, it was as if he was trying to pick a fight. 

His fist was naturally clenched and his arm was raised in the air. 

"You little brat! ...... " 

"Hey Yuya! You can't be violent in this place. I'll accompany you or whatever you want, just wait outside! I don't know what happened to the receptionist, but if the owner sees you, he'll call the police!"

" Will you really accompany me? "


322


"I'll do it. I'll do it, right? Listen to my request?" 

"... I understand."

The man lowers his fist in response to Sumika's agreement to accompany him. He then glared at Nishino and headed down the corridor. 

The Futsumen sent him off with his usual stern face. 

The sound of footsteps soon faded into the distance. 

After confirming this, Nishino cut to Sumika-chan. 

"Do you like a man who pushes you to work?" 

"I know exactly what he wants. He wants money." 

"Then you can turn him away." 

"But it's hard to be strong when you're being coaxed with such kind words. You can't find a good match at your age, so even if it's a pseudo-relationship, it's okay if you enjoy it."

"...... I see."

She is a woman who is even more susceptible to praise than the person in front of her, but she is a pompous, self-important woman. Even though she has been in a lot of trouble recently because of this, she doesn't seem to feel sorry for herself. 


323


"Besides, it's always nice to have a young boy like him fawning over you. " 

"If that's the case, I'm sorry for what I said. " 

"No, you don't have to apologise. It's not nice to have an outsider come in and I think you're right. It's also my fault for getting carried away and telling Yuya where I work."

" ... Is that okay for you? "

" Then I'm going. It looks like Yuya is waiting. "

" Oh, I understand. "

With a small smile on her face, Sumika left the classroom. 

The Futsumen who were left behind quietly watched her go, with indescribable expressions on his face. 


324

Comments